About us, Facilities & Photo Gallery
Take a look at the place, the people and the park…
A few words about us
Let us introduce ourselves
Here is caravanning and camping at its best.
In a truly beautiful setting with panoramic views of rolling Devonshire countryside, lies a park evolved over years of practical experience in catering for the touring enthusiast and now collecting award after award for excellence in all aspects.
The location is superb – only three miles from the beaches and attractions of Torbay, widely known as the English Riviera. Inland and behind us lie the foothills and river valleys of Dartmoor National Park, one of England’s few remaining natural wild places.
This is a park for people who wish to escape worldly bustle for a while. Families love it. Young couples dream in it. Older folk wish they had found it earlier. Widend is very much a garden park, landscaped with shrubs, hedges and trees to provide visual breaks, shelters and privacy. It is an immaculate park – showers, toilets and amenities are clean beyond reproach.
Above all it is comfortable. The site is well drained – we do not tolerate a soggy pitch. Paths and roadways are good and inclines easy. Facilities are convenient and well spaced. In fact the living here is very easy, relaxed, friendly and great fun.
Facilities we offer
- Heated swimming pool
- Children’s play area
- The Boathouse family bar with entertainment
- Games room
- Facilities for the disabled
- Telephone Kiosk
- Low level street lighting
- Electric hook-ups for caravans, campers and tents
- Parking next to your pitch
- Freshwater taps throughout park
- Waste water points
- Sewage disposal points
- Free hot water in modern attractive shower and toilet blocks
- Washing-up sinks (undercover)
- Laundry room
- Irons and boards
- Shaver and hair drier points
- Friendly help and service
- Ladies’ and gents’ private wash rooms